
Eli turned 10 months old on Saturday. I measured him on our scale, and it said he weighs 24.5 lbs! The scale isn't very consistent, though. I bet he's close to 24.5lbs...big nonetheless! I also tried to measure Eli's length, but that was impossible b/c he wouldn't lay still. He's probably close to 29 1/2 inches. I don't think he's grown that much since last month since his clothes still fit. He's been too busy exploring and moving to grow!
He's now crawling mainly on his hands and knees, and can go really fast! Pulling up is a breeze now. He's starting taking some side steps when he's standing and holding on to the couch or ottomans. So, it probably won't be long before we see some steps with no hands. I still spend my days chasing and redirecting Eli as well as Eli proofing, which is an ongoing process. It's fun though...tiring, but fun! I think he's testing me and learning NO!

He's also acknowledging and identifying things, but not actually saying the words for them. For example, he'll raise up his hand with his palm facing up to the lights like he's going to say something very profound and all that comes out is "bah", but he definitely knows it's a light. He also tries to say Boone (our dog), but it comes out as "bah". He does the sign for dog though, but only in the morning when he wakes up and wants Boone to come in the room. Once Boone comes in, he squeels and laughs. It's so cute! Boone just looks annoyed and tolerates it.
It's so amazing to see Eli grow and become more and more of a little person. I'm growing and learning each day right along with him. Being a mom is definitely a growing and learning process!



1 comment:
Wow! Look at that little guy go! He's really moving. I can hardly wait to see him tomorrow. Cute, cute, cute!
Post a Comment