Sunday, April 05, 2009

My baby is 6 months old?


Jed is getting to be so big and doing big baby things. He had his appointment last Monday, and here are the stats: 27.5 inches long (90th percentile), 18 lbs. (50th percentile). So he's long and skinny. Not really that surprising. I do feel like he's smaller since Eli was always off the charts on everything.


Jed is mobile! He's not sitting up yet but close. I'm sure he's thinking, "why would I want to sit when I have the skills to move?". Jed is rolling like a pro and scooting everywhere. He gets on his elbows and uses his arms to pull himself forward while sticking his bottom up and pushing with his toes. He kinda looks like an inch worm scooting around. Jed definitely knows what he's after when he scoots. Now that Jed is playing with toys and able to get many things he's after, I'm having to teach the boys how to share their toys. I know this concept will be an on-going lesson!

Jed has graduated to a bath seat instead of the baby tub and loves it! He's always loved taking a bath. Now the boys can take a bath together, which is both convenient and fun!























We also pulled out the jumper seat for Jed to try. He likes this, too. He hasn't quite got the hang of full-on jumping yet, but I know that will come soon. For now, he just happily turns, sways, and bounces a little.


1 comment:

May Vanderbilt said...

Jed looks so much like you and Eli looks so much like John.

Wow! I can't believe you have two kiddos. They're adorable.

Give yourself a hug from me. John too.