Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our new ride

We are now the owners of a minivan! It's a 2007 van with 23k miles, dark gray outside, light gray inside with leather seats. I have said that I would never drive a minivan, but that was before I had kids! They're just so darn practical and convenient!
I'll miss our Ford Focus Wagon with the turtle top. It had so much character. But the repairs on that car were adding up, and we didn't want to pay to get them fixed when the car was on it's last leg anyway. John said the car was on hospice. The past few weeks the a/c hasn't been working well and with this heat, that is definitely motivation to get a new car! So, we searched and searched online for different kinds and decided on the minivan. We are very happy with it!
Eli loves it as well. He does miss our other car, though. His face lit up when I told him we were going to get the van we just test drove. However, he stopped in the middle of building with the blocks (we were playing in the play area at the dealership) and asked me if we could pray for our car. So we said a little prayer about how thankful we were for our car and how it kept us safe and how we'd miss it. So sweet. We traded the Focus in by the way. I think the van will be well-loved, too!



1 comment:

whitney said...

i love it! and the prayer melted my heart! can't wait to check it out.