Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Trash Truck Dance

Last weekend John and Eli got to go to see The Trash Project, a performance where trash trucks, cranes, dead animal pick-up trucks, and other trucks were choreographed to music. They had actual city workers driving and operating the trucks, and the music was all live. Read more about it here http://www.forkliftdanceworks.org/projects/trash_project/
It was Eli's dream come true! It got rave reviews. Apparently you didn't have to be 3 years old to think it was amazing. John said it was one of the coolest things he's seen as did other people who went. They had to turn away close to 1,000 people! Only in Austin would people be excited about seeing trucks dance to music!











2 comments:

perkoline said...

That's amazing! It's even better than I imagined, and I imagined a pretty good show. Especially loved the rap, and the "Rockette Leg" move of the trash trucks in Trash Dance 2. Austin really is wonderfully weird. Wish I could have watched Eli's face, and heard him telling about it for the first time.

Team Treadwell said...

I miss Austin!