Eli is now drawing recognizable pictures! It's amazing to see how Eli's drawings have evolved into actual people and animals with more and more details. It just happened literally overnight. One day it was scribbles, the next it was stick figures. He is also learning to write letters and numbers as well, which is fun to see. I like helping him learn to write, too.
Jed has also developed an interest in coloring and producing art. I think some of it is just because his big brother is drawing all the time now, but it's also because he enjoys scribbling and making marks on paper...or all over stuff for that matter! Jed doesn't get the concept of only coloring on paper. We've found scribbles all over the place lately...on walls, cabinets, cars, toys, etc. We've had to stop letting him carry the crayons around the house for that reason.
Eli is excited and proud of his pictures and loves to show each one to us along with an explanation of what he drew. It's funny when Jed comes to us with his scribbled paper with the same excitement, trying to copy what Eli just said.
Eli keeps producing several pictures and colorings each day now. What do I do with all of his beautiful artwork? I can't just throw it away. We've been putting some of them in envelopes and sending them to friends and family, so be on the lookout!
Unfortunately, you can't see some of these pictures well. Sorry about the poor quality. It's hard to take pictures of pictures.
I've included some of the chalk drawings in the driveway, too.
Can you see the man in the first picture Eli is holding up? He said he drew a man with a big nose, a smile, a chin, and two feet. Looks like Picasso to me!



1 comment:
Send us an Eli original!
Post a Comment