Friday, June 04, 2010

Family Hair Cut Day

Last Saturday, it was time for me to cut every one's hair once again. I cut Jed's first, careful not to cut it too short for fear of cutting his curls off. Well, it's too short for my taste, but he does still have some wave and curl. I'm pretty sure the curls will come back when it gets longer. He's still cute, nonetheless!

Here's Jed's before and after pictures:





Next, it was Eli's turn. I've been cutting his hair with the clippers the last few times. However, for some reason we now have only two sizes of guards, the 2 and the 4. I thought I used the 2 last time with Eli...until I ran the clippers down the middle of his head. Uh oh, way too short! I had to go ahead and buzz the rest of his hair. When I was done, he hopped up to go look in the mirror, then slowly walked out with a grumpy look on his face. He said he did not like it and was holding back tears. I felt terrible! As I tried to console him, John chimed in and said that he would cut his hair just like Eli's. Eli's face lit up. So, I proceeded to cut John's hair with the 2 guard. (As I tried to cut John's hair, the clippers were literally getting stuck and wouldn't cut, so I had to cut his hair with scissors first and then use the clippers. How's that for thick!) Eli loved it! Problem solved! Dad saved the day! Now they're two Perkins just alike!

Here's the after pic of John and Eli (you can also see a better picture of Eli's haircut in the previous post's picture):



On a side note, Eli has also started drawing himself with little spikes of hair on the top of his head in his self portraits. Before he got his new haircut, his drawings didn't have any hair. Pretty cute!

No comments: