Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Changes

This is a week full of changes for us! Tuesday (8/31) was Eli's last day at the Mother's Morning Out program he's been going to at Jackie's. He started there last September, and we all enjoyed the year he had there. Lots of memories made with the ballet, tap, swimming, and gymnastics he did there! Eli was okay with ending his time at Jackie's and seemed sort of indifferent about he whole thing. I guess he was ready to move on. I'm pretty sure the gymnastics and maybe dance will continue through classes at the YMCA.
Here's a picture of Eli and his ballet/tap teacher, Ms. Carley:
















As of tomorrow, Eli will be going to his first day (9-noon) of pre-school at Faith United Methodist Preschool. Today, we went to go meet his teacher and get more acquainted with the school. Eli is excited and looking forward to it, thankfully! As usual, he acted timid when we went there and met his teacher, but I'm sure he'll warm up in no time. I'm excited for him! I think he'll have lots of fun and meet some new friends who are boys. The majority of his friends now are all girls, so I was glad to see that there are 5 boys and four girls in his class. His class is called The Rockin' Robins, by the way. I was surprised to find out that Eli already knew what a Robin was today. He said cousin Grayson, who is pretty much an ornithologist by now, told him about Robins. Anyway, more to come on Eli's adventures in preschool!
Here Eli is in the room where his class will do small group time. His circle has a frog on it, which I liked!

















We had to bring some photos of Eli and photos of us to Meet the Teacher so that they can use them for a project. These are the ones I sent. Aren't we cute?

















And these are some others we took, but didn't make the cut. Still cute though.





No comments: