Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bowling with Cousins

We had a fun time being with Johnson cousins on Eli's birthday. Courtney (John's sister) and her family have adopted three kids from the Ukraine, and I got to meet them for the first time on Sunday. John had already gone with her to the Ukraine to pick them up, so it was a reunion for him. They've only been here a couple weeks, but they seem to be adjusting well. They are: Hannah (3), Lena (6), and Oleg (11).

They all came to Eli's party and then afterwards we came back to our house for the little ones to nap. Then the birthday boy thought it would be fun to go bowling and we all agreed, so that's what we did. All seven kids had a lane to themselves and the three adults wrangled kids and assisted with the bowling. It was fun!

Afterwards, we all went out for pizza and then they all headed home. I'll admit I was exhausted after the eventful day. Courtney has been with the kids without Cliff since he's working in Virginia. He's having to go back and forth until they sell thier house in Houston. I'm impressed with Courtney and the great job she's doing with all five of her kids. It's no easy task!!

Here's a picture of the whole Johnson family taken while they were in the Ukraine.






No comments: