Saturday, December 03, 2011

Max's first month

Wow, the last month flew by! The transition to a family of five has been smooth so far. I think that has to do with the fact that Max is in the stage where he sleeps most of the time and can sleep through just about anything. I hope that doesn't change, but I have a feeling it might. We had family stay with us to help out off and on for the first three weeks, which helped a ton as we got settled as a family of five.

Eli and Jed have been great with their new brother, too.  They love having him around so far.  They're always checking on him, bringing him his blankets, and wanting to hold him.  Eli is also pretty good at calming him down by either distracting him in some way or sticking the pacifier in his mouth. Very helpful!

Max is doing great and getting bigger and bigger!  At two weeks, he weighed 11 lbs. 10 oz. and then a week later, he was 13 lbs. 8 oz.!  The boy is the biggest Perkins boy yet.  That says a lot since Eli and Jed were big babies, too!. Max is wearing 3-6 month size clothes, mostly 6 months, and he's only 6 weeks old! Amazing!  I think we may have another blue-eyed boy because Max's eyes are getting lighter and lighter blue. Eli is hoping for blue because he doesn't want to be the only one with blue eyes in the family. Max's hair is a mystery. It seems to have a red tint to it, like an auburn color, and I can't tell if he's going to loose or keep the hair he has since he's more bald in the front and thicker hair in the back. Oh, and I won't talk about the long hair that he still has on his ears.

Max is just now starting to be more aware of the world when he's awake.  We're also starting to get some coos and other "talking" from him when he sees us or gets excited about something he sees, like the thing that turns on the swing or ceiling fans. 

I feel bad for not posting many photos of Max lately.  I dropped my camera in the dirt at Eli's last soccer game mid-November and my camera stopped working after that.  So, I went a couple weeks without a camera.  Max changes daily, so I felt like I missed several photo opportunities.  I'm playing catch up now though. 

Here are some of my favorites from the month or so...
at 1 week old in one of my favorite onesies

1 wk old, w/ Gramma Ninny


about 2 wks old

he looks little to me!

love

he's almost too big for this tub!

love this

and this



funny face

Can you see the blue eyes?

I tried to capture a smile

No comments: