Sunday, October 08, 2006

Welcome to the world!



John's brother Steve and his wife Laura welcomed their twin boys into the world yesterday evening at 8:45 Denver time. Born first was William Khaled who was 7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches and second was Alex Hamze who was 5 lbs 11 oz, 19 inches. Laura is doing well, but recovering from a c-section. I wish we could be there to see them! We'll have to wait until Christmas to meet them! I can't wait to see Eli play with his cousins! Congratulations Steve and Laura! Also, Happy Birthday to Gramma (John's mom) who now shares a birthday with her grandsons! How fun! In the pictures, Will is on the left and Alex is on the right.

7 comments:

perkoline said...

How nice that you've posted these on your blog. I do have to say this was the best birthday ever! They are really cute little guys.

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! they are precious. double the joy! i can't imagine how much fun it will be. and what an adoreable picture - best buds for sure!!! hmmm, together they are a little bigger than eli was on his own! interesting middle names! language of origin? definition? can you use it in a sentence? (okay, i admit - i just watched "akeela and the bee")two little blessings for sure! happy happy birthday birthday, perk!

Steve Perkins said...

Darby... thanks for posting this on Eli's blog! I can't wait until they're all old enough to play together! Family get togethers will be so much more fun!

Origin of the the names: Will is named after his paternal great grandfather, William Courtney and his maternal grandfather, Khaled (Karl) Muriby. Alex is named for... well, we just liked Alex, and for his maternal great grandmother's maiden name (Hamze).

Laura's father is Lebanese, and we wanted to honor their Arabic heritage.

Courtney said...

I looked up the middle names, but I only found Khaled. It means "eternal" in Arabic. Hamze was not listed in the names I found.

Steve Perkins said...

I did a Google search, and there's a weblog that mentions the name "Hamze" means "lion."

Anonymous said...

thanks to eli's family for researching and answering my questions! i love names and their origins and links to heritage. now chris and jenny's "ellaiden".....well, since chris made that one up i'm not sure what we will tell her when she grows up.

Anonymous said...

p.s. i'm still laughing out loud at the meaning of john's names. HAHAHAHA! P.P.S. there used to be a lebanonese restaurant down the street that we LOVED to eat at (bad sentence). anyway, one night chris drank 2 or 3 cups of lebanonese coffee. he was walking the neighborhood at 3am!