Monday, December 18, 2006

Food Fun




I read that if your baby grabs the spoon and tries to feed himself while your feeding him, let him try, encourage him, and ignore the mess. So that's what I did, and Eli loved it! I think he actually got some in his mouth. He learned that when you squeeze your hands, the food squishes through your fingers and makes a fun sound! It's really hard for me to ignore the mess, but I'm gonna have to get used to that. The only time he doesn't grab the spoon is when he's eating avacado. It's his favorite so I can't get the spoon to him quick enough!

1 comment:

perkoline said...

Life with babies is rarely tidy, as I think you know by now! Cute, cute pictures. Those blue eyes dominate, even when the mouth and cheeks are massively orange. What a love he is.