Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Eli is 1 year old today!!


Can you believe it? I can't! He's so much fun right now...now that the teething has subsided! He's on the move...crawling and content with that for now. His language is taking off, and he's becoming quite the communicator. He's trying to repeat alot of words, and they actually sound recognizable. The most recent favorites are: truck, book, and Boone. He's still signing, too. I love when he is babbling in long "sentences" while looking strait at me with wide eyes like I'm supposed to know exactly what he's telling me. I of coarse I act like I know and have a conversation with him.






We had Eli's birthday party this past Saturday, which was supposed to be at the park...ha! We had to move it to my house due to the weather. I can't believe it was sleeting that day!! We had the party with Ellaiden, our friend who was born the day after Eli. We had about 40 people at the party, and it was so fun.


The best part was watching the two kiddos smear cake all over their faces. Well, Ellaiden wasn't too into the cake, but Eli had chocolate cake all over him. He loved it! He was overwhelmed with all the people in his house at first and was a little clingy to me, but after he got his cupcake, he was happy! He was attached to my hairbrush that day, so I let him have it for comfort since he was overwhelmed. Therefore, most of the pictures at his party, he has his brush. I'll be explaining that to him when he's older and looking at the pictures. Thanks to all who came to the party inspite of the weather and for all the fun gifts!

We also had a baby dedication at our church's Easter service. Eli and his three best friends (Ellaiden, Cash, and Naomi) all were dedicated together. It was very special and meaningful. I'm very thankful that we have them and their parents as friends. Thanks for being our friends!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Wonderful pictures. The family portrait is so good of all of you! Glad Eli's hairbrush made the blog -- it will be so funny to look back on.
It was a grand weekend, and we enjoyed it very much.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Eli! Glad we got to celebrate with y'all. We had a lot of fun.

-Amanda and Hud

whitney said...

i LOVE all of the pics...can't believe he's already 1!

by the way, i LOVE the red shoes you're rocking in the last pic...work it, momma!

whit