
Another month has quickly flown by, and my baby is now 14 months old. As you saw on the last post, he's now walking. He's still testing the waters in that area because his preferred mode of transportation is still crawling...as of today. I know that will change quickly! He is becoming such a little person with a big personality. His latest thing now is scrunching his nose and smiling at the ladies to make them laugh and think he's real cute. What a flirt!
He is still learning words and signs like crazy. I can't keep up anymore. We're to the point where we have to be careful what we say around Eli because he'll try to repeat it. For example, we were in the car today and John said "shoot" and we heard "shuh" from the back seat. Eli's favorite thing to say lately is "bi tuh" for big truck. He says it over and over like "bi tuh bi tuh". He'll also say a list of the kinds of trucks, which I don't always understand, but every other word is "tuh"...so cute!

Golf balls are also a hit. He's fallen asleep holding his golf ball a couple times. I guess they're the perfect size for his little hands to hold. We also started a music class called "I Hear the World Singing". It's a class for toddlers where we get to sing songs, dance, and play instruments. We've had one class so far, and Eli loved it. He was giving his shakers to everyone...a little social butterfly!

Eli is also working on his molars coming in. I discovered the two little sharp molars on his upper gums a couple nights ago after he wouldn't go back to sleep for 4 hours! It took me awhile to figure it out, but after a little Tylenol, he was out and relieved! We also had a little red flag when Eli broke out in a rash all around his mouth and all over his body after I gave him a tiny bit of peanut butter cookie. So, no peanuts for him probably for a few years. I'm hoping he'll outgrow that and not have a peanut allergy.
Other than that, life is good! We're having lots of fun! I love this stage in Eli's life. Why does it have to go by so fast?



1 comment:
Yes . . . you tell Eli's daddy to watch his mouth. His momma raised him right, but you never know what kids will do when they get Big and out on their own . . . I've heard some real scorchers out of the mouths of babes, but they're not fit for family blogs..... :)
Your little boy is just darlin', as always. Great picture of you with him, Darbs. Motherhood does seem to suit you.
Post a Comment