

In the last month, Eli has become a little artist! He discovered the fun of markers while we were at cousins Grayson and Garrett's house. He has to try them out on his skin before coloring the paper. Crayons are also fun, but Eli likes to eat them while he colors. We're also working on coloring only on the paper. Oh, it's so fun to color on the walls! I love washable makers and crayons!


Speaking of colors, Eli has learned some colors. He knows blue, red, yellow, green, orange, and brown. He can sign them correctly most of the time, but he doesn't always say the correct name of the color. He'll usually say blue ("boo") for most things, but sign the correct color, then he'll say the right color after I say it. I love seeing this whole learning process!
He is still a little copy cat. He is getting really good at it, too. This comes in handy for getting him to brush his teeth, put on his shoes, or help out. He's been giving us kisses lately by saying "mmmwah". I didn't realise we did that until he started doing it. He loves when Mama and Dada kiss each other, too! Eli has also been giving other kids hugs, but it turns into more of a tackle. You can see him hugging/tackling in action on the Halloween post. 
It's cute except when he tries to hug smaller kids or babies! I guess we'll work on giving gentle hugs. Eli's giving his "cousin" Reese a kiss in this picture...or maybe it's the other way around.
So much learning going on! I think I have a little big boy now.



1 comment:
He is such a little man! As for saying the colors, he sometimes does manage to get a few "l's" in blue, and really gets going on yellow. Lotza tongue action. It was really funny to listen to him last weekend. . .
And that look on Reese's face is priceless. I know it's probably reflection, and not the whites of his eyes, but they (eyes) look rolled over to say to the camera: "See how much I love this little boy? Mmm-mmm, good!"
Post a Comment