Apparently Eli knows what a dream is and he remembers his own dreams. The other day, Eli woke up from his nap, sat up and said and signed 'goat' and then 'sheep'. So, I asked him if he was dreaming about the goats and sheep we had seen that morning at the zoo. Then he started naming some other animals we saw at the zoo. So, I just thought he must have been remembering the zoo trip. Then a couple mornings ago, John asked Eli what he dreamed about after he woke up that morning. Eli said, "Bobo, Ninny, Grandpa" without hesitation. (This is my Dad, Cindy my stepmom, and their dog, Bobo.) Eli had the same answer when John asked him again. We just thought, aw, how sweet, he's thinking about them and missing them. So, this morning I asked Eli what he dreamed about last night, and without hesitation again, he said "Hello", which is what he calls his music class since that's a song we sing there each time. John asked Eli later that morning what he dreamed about last night and again Eli says "Hello". At first I thought it was coincidence, but it seems to me that Eli remembers his dreams. This is pretty amazing to me that Eli knows what a dream is and that he remembers what he dreams about! I always wonder what he's thinking about, and now I feel like I have a tiny glimpse into his little mind.
Hmmm...what could he be thinking about in this picture?
2 comments:
This is so interesting! I heard him take off on the zoo experience, so clearly he understands "thinking about...," and who knows? Maybe the dream world is there for him, too. It reminds me of the story of the little girl, age 3, who was overheard via the baby monitor asking her newborn brother to tell her what God looked like, because she was starting to forget. These little ones have such a capacity for perceiving things, before they get cluttered up with "civilized" living. Stay tuned, Darbs, and let us know what else he comes up with.
So cute. I hear some news about your fam from Jenny. Just wondering if you could confirm it for me :) Hope to see y'all soon when we get back to Austin.
Post a Comment