Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vay-Cay

John and I just got back from our Seattle adventure without Eli. Eli had his own vacation at "Grayson's house" with his cousins Grayson and Garrett, Aunt Brynn and Uncle David and then also with Mammy. He also spent some time with Grandpa. It was so hard to leave Eli for almost a whole week, but we did have a fun time with friends in Seattle. It was the first time to leave Eli for that long (6 days). The first time was just a few weeks ago when Mammy came to watch him overnight here at home while John and I went on an overnight date for my birthday. That wasn't a big deal. This time was definitely harder for us than it was for Eli. The reports we got were that Eli was very happy and compliant and even did well sleeping. He took at least two hour naps and had no trouble going to sleep for naps! He'd ask where's Mama or Dada, and when they'd say we were in Seattle, he'd say, "that be fun!" and then be fine. So, he was great for them, thankfully!
Now that he's home, however, he's not been so angelic. I'm hoping he's just having a hard time adjusting back again or something, but I've never seen him have such out of control and lengthy fits. Is it me? Is it just a two year old phase? Maybe I'll send him back! Just kidding. I hope this passes soon because Boone gets very worried by the crying and carrying on. I know this because while Eli was throwing his fit this morning, I found our dog, Boone, hiding in the bathtub in our bathroom! It made me laugh in the midst of it all. Thanks, Boone!
Anyway, I guess we've survived our vacations, and it's good to be back together again...even with the fits...really. The look on Eli's face was priceless when he saw me walk in the door. Mammy didn't tell him I was coming home because it was late at night and she was trying to get him to sleep. Maybe he knew somehow I was going to be home and stayed up late for me. When he saw me, his eyes got big and round and he sucked in his cheeks to try not to smile. He was surprised and excited at the same time. The reunion with John was so sweet. We went to pick John up from work, and I let Eli out of the car to look for him. When John walked out of the door, Eli ran toward John with a huge smile on his face and then John swept him up in a big hug. It was like a movie. Eli was very chatty and silly with excitement once we were all together again.
Here are some pictures from beautiful and chilly Seattle:
This is Bubba, who's wedding we went to, and his best man, "Perk".

Mt. Rainier is in the background, but I guess it was too foggy to see in the picture.

This is where the wedding took place and also the view from our room.

No comments: