
When did Eli become such a big boy capable doing so many things? He is definitely discovering his independence and wants to do mostly everything himself. The thing is that he really can do many things by himself. It still surprises me because he is just growing up so fast. He can get dressed by himself with only undies or pants on backwards occasionally. I finally moved all his clothes where he can reach them, and he's loving it! He goes to the bathroom on the toilet with no little potty seat, just regular toilet and a stool to get himself up there. We don't have to remind him or ask him or help with pulling up pants, he just goes in there and does his thing all by himself. Eli's been doing several chores lately, too. He likes to help, for sure. He puts away his dishes in the sink, feeds Boone, puts away his clean laundry, helps put away clean dishes, washes his hands, brushes his teeth, gets food for breakfast before we get out of bed in the mornings, and more. Eli can even ride a bike! It's a special bike called a "Skuut". It has no pedals, but two wheels like a bike. Apparently it's supposed to help with balance and when he gets a big bike with pedals, he probably won't need training wheels. Eli loves this bike and rides it like a champ! I have a hard time keeping up! I know this growing up thing is bound to happen, but I think some of it is due to the fact that I really do need him to help me do things while I'm caring for Jed. I'm just glad Eli's willing to help most of the time! Either that or he's forced to do things for himself when I'm busy with Jed. He surprises me with what he manages to do by himself nonetheless! John and I have to remind ourselves that Eli is just 2.75 years old since he acts and looks a lot older than he really is.



1 comment:
Wow, how fantastic that Eli is such a big boy and a great helper!
Post a Comment