Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Swim Lessons


Eli completed his first swim lessons last week! I think we accomplished our goal of just getting comfortable in the water. Eli has never liked the water, not even as a baby, so I wasn't sure how the lessons would work. He didn't even get in the water the first couple days. He just sat on the top step while the other kids were fully under water and participating in class. He ended up in a class with 4 other boys who were a little older. I thought this would help him get motivated to swim, but that wasn't the case. Eli's teacher was very patient with him and knew when to push him and what motivated him. Eli was always happy to go each day, which was a plus. I think after the first couple days, he tried something new each day. He waited until the very last day to put his face in the water. It was the last skill he needed to pass the class. So, all in all, it was a success! I signed him up for the next level in July. I'm sure he'll be much improved by then because I'm planning on getting lots of practice!










2 comments:

perkoline said...

Ya-a-a-y-y! Well done, Eli. Been wondering how those lessons were going. I'm so glad he was always happy to go. That's a promising sign.

Mandy Maria said...

How cute!