Monday, August 10, 2009

Mr. Jed

Poor Jed is not going to have as much pictures or videos of his childhood as Eli. That's just the way it goes with the second kid, right? He's changing and growing so fast, it's just hard to keep up! Jed is going to be 11 months old at the end of this month, and I'm already thinking about 1st birthday plans! That's crazy to me!


Jed is crawling on hands and knees like a pro and can get anywhere he wants, pretty much. He loves the water, especially the toilet water. Whenever we can't find him in the house, he's usually in the bathroom either in the empty bathtub or at the toilet trying to open it if it isn't already. We are trying to remind Eli to flush and close the lid when he's done because we've found Jed splashing in toilet water that hasn't been flushed...I know eeewww! Jed is also talking, well really babbling, but it sounds like he's trying to say words. He acts like we should know what he's saying. He points to things and says, "duh". He's very vocal and likes to scream, too. He waves hi and bye. Jed also cruises, which I think is the term for when he pulls up on things and then side-steps along. We've also seen him let go and stand for a few seconds. I'm really trying not to encourage walking yet. I'm just not ready for that yet. He mobile enough as it is! Plus, Mammy says crawling is good for brain development.

I will try to get some videos of his latest skills and post them soon. His little personality is starting to show, and I can't wait to see more of it!

Here are some pictures of Jed's crazy hair (he likes to smear his food in his hair) and pics of him playing the piano. I like the rock star faces...he really gets into it!



No comments: