Monday, April 12, 2010

Eli is 4!

Eli's birthday was on Saturday, the 10th. We had a party in the park at 9:00 am. It was a morning party so we thought it would be fun to do pancakes on the grill. Those were a success! We also had breakfast sausages and fruit...oh and cupcakes, of coarse! I decided to make some cupcakes from a gluten free Zucchini Brownie recipe I had, so everyone unknowingly got a little nutrition from the cupcakes. They were really good if I do say so myself. You can check it out here on my sister's blog.
The party was perfect. It was great because the kids could play on the playground while the adults visited at the picnic tables. Plus the kids could get all their sugar high energy out while they were there. I highly recommend a park party because the kids can run around and play all they want, the clean up is easy, and it's also free! An added plus for Eli's party was the weather. It was a little chilly in the morning, but warmed up nicely.
We had a busy weekend with two other birthday parties to go to, but we survived! Eli has one more celebration to do with his friend Mia. She couldn't come to his party and Eli was upset about that, so I promised him that he an Mia could do something fun for his birthday. I think we may go to the zoo.
I can't believe my boy is four! Four years old means that he's really a little boy now, or big boy as Eli would remind me! It's cliche to say, but time really does go by too fast!

Here are the pictures. I didn't get one of Eli blowing out the candles because he got embarrassed when we were singing Happy Birthday to him. So, I got a pic of John blowing out the candles. Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries during the party, so I missed out on some good moments. Oh well.













1 comment:

perkoline said...

What a nice party! I love how carefully John is blowing out those candles .... I know the history behind that one. His cake got covered with spit one year when ALL the young guests helped blow. Then, EW-W-W, nobody wanted to EAT the cake.....!