I thought these were worth posting here.
When I read the first article, it reminded me of the kind of lifestyle John dreams about. It basically describes some urban farm type stuff. I wouldn't call myself a Radical Homemaker like the women in the article, but I do try to live a more simple and sustainable life. Really, mostly because of John's influence and ideas that have resonated with me. He'd much rather be the Radical Homemaker, I think! Anyway, I think it's a good read. Click here.
I wanted to post this article because it talks about birth/breastfeeding in the US. The contrast between the two birth experiences in the article is the reason I chose to have a home birth with Jed. With our home birth, I got to have the ideal birth experience described in "Birth number 1" along with many other benefits of being in the comfort of my own home. It sounded like they were talking about a home birth in that first experience. I should also say that my hospital birth experience with Eli was much like the first birth experience in the article. That's probably due to the fantastic and informative birthing class we took, which focuses on the Bradley Method of birth/labor. We also chose a doctor who was supportive of natural birth and our birth plan. I wish that every birth experience here in America could be like that ideal hospital birth described in the article. I've also read that recently home births have been on the rise in the US, and unfortunately, I think the second birth experience explained in the article is one of the reasons why. It's just sad. Hopefully, hospitals will come around. We deserve it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment