Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Makin' Stuff

Last weekend was a productive one for us! A couple Sundays ago, I took a Sewing Crash Course for Beginners at my new favorite place, The Stitch Lab. I loved it, and it gave me a little more confidence in my sewing abilities. I want to learn more! The hard part is finding the time to practice. In the class we all made a reversible tote bag. Eli saw mine and wanted one of his own, so I let him help me make one. He even picked out the fabric, which I think was a great choice! His favorite part about sewing was pushing the pedal and hammering the pins into the pin cushion. All in all it was a fun time and the bag turned out well.
















John was busy last weekend, too, making a fence. Boone and our neighbor's dog do not get along through the fence and always go crazy trying to attack each other through it. A couple weeks ago, Boone stuck his nose through and got his lip bit by the other dog and ended up having to get stitches ($300 later!). We had been planning on building a barrier for that side of the fence for awhile to stop the dogs' attacks. We had to do it ASAP, though, after Boone's incident. So, John enlisted some help and had the fence built in one day! The cedar is from Craig's List...$20! I think it looks great, and it matches the other fence he did around the garden.
I also want to mention that the boys helped with the fence building as well. Eli did plenty of digging and dirt moving with his shovel and construction trucks. Jed was perfectly content to observe from the fort or on a nearby rock. The next project is to build a shed, so I'm sure there will be plenty of help with that, too!



No comments: