It seems like it happened overnight! The day we left Port Aransas to come home, John and I took the boys to the pool by the beach house. Much to our surprise, Eli jumped right in, went under water, and paddled right over to us. I think maybe playing in the waves helped with the confidence, I don't know. Of course, the floaties help, too.
Before, Eli didn't like getting his head and face wet and wouldn't wear the floaties, so this was a big change! I'm very thankful Eli has decided to swim because it is much more pleasant and less stressful for me to take the boys swimming by myself during the day. Now, I don't have to keep my eyes on both of them at all times and keep both of them within arms reach at all times.
My favorite part of Eli's new swimming skills is when he kicks his feet under the water and his little wet head bobs up and down really fast. So cute!
I have a feeling Jed is not far behind in his swimming skills! He's always loved the water and definitely doesn't mind getting his head wet!
I promise to have some swimming pictures once we get a new, working camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment