Thursday, July 15, 2010

Father's Day

I know, this post is late, but I didn't want to leave it out. For Father's Day, we went to Krause Springs per John's request. It is near Spicewood Springs, about 45 min. west of Austin. It is a beautiful place! They have a man-made pool, which is spring-fed, but we hung out at the natural pools. You hike a short way down where there are rocks with running water and small pools that were perfect for the boys to play in. There are also two other areas with deeper water, a rope swing, and a waterfall. There are plenty of camping sites there as well, so maybe we'll try that out sometime, too.
We ate a picnic lunch after we got there, hiked down to the pools, swam, ate snow cones, and then drove home. The drive home was fun, too, because after about 5 min. in the car, the boys were out. We wanted them to have a nice long nap, so we took the scenic route home. The boys ended up getting an almost 2 hour nap in the car because John and I were playing it by ear on how to get back home. The nice part was that we had a nice, uninterrupted conversation and got to see Wimberly and other small country towns along the way.
To top off the fun day, we had family movie night (watched Horton Hears a Who) and ordered pizza. All in all it was a fun, adventurous day!
Thanks for being such an amazing dad, Hubs! We love you!
These pictures are kind of random. I wish I had taken more. I guess I'll do that when we go back!




No comments: