
About a month ago, John and I decided to see how Jed would do sleeping in Eli's room. At first, we put the crib mattress on the floor next to Eli's bed, which we also put on the floor. Jed didn't want to sleep on his bed and always ended up on the bed with Eli, so the mattress on the floor thing only lasted a week. They both like sleeping in the same bed and have done great with the new sleeping arrangement. I think Jed just wants to do everything Eli does and thinks it's cool to sleep in Eli's bed, and Eli likes having the company in there while he sleeps.
John and I were pleasantly surprised with how smoothly this transition went! It's made bedtime much easier because we can walk out after stories and prayers and the boys usually talk or sing for awhile and eventually fall asleep. They do a pretty good job of staying on the bed, too.
I love to listen to what Eli tells Jed at bedtime. For example, Jed: "I want Mama", Eli: "Jed, it's okay, you'll see her in the morning". Or, when Jed is being loud (usually singing), Eli says, "Jed, go to sleep! You're going to wake up the whole neighborhood!". Eli does a good job of trying to take care of Jed and calming him down. He usually gives Jed a stuffed animal or a drink, which works most of the time. Of course, there is still some crying because one or the other has been hit or pinched or different stalling tactics by the boys, but for the most part it's a success!
Plus, John and I have our room back, which has been an added bonus. There's a little part of me that was sad to see Jed move out because it means he's not a baby anymore and he's growing up too fast! The fact that the boys have their room, a little bonding time at night, and have done so well with sharing a bed makes me feel better.
This pictures are so darn cute, I can hardly stand it!




No comments:
Post a Comment