Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cavity

I forgot to mention that Eli got his first cavity. I have no idea how because I feel like we've tried to do everything right when it comes to cavity prevention. We brush everyday, floss everyday, don't eat a lot of sweets or candy, and don't drink a lot of juice or other sweet drinks. And on top of that, I've never had a cavity and John didn't get one until adult-hood. I'm pretty sure the dentist didn't believe me when I told her we've been doing everything she suggested for cavity prevention. I know that my grandmother on my mom's side had bad teeth, so maybe that's where he gets it? Who knows.
The cavity is filled and all taken care of now. We only had to pay $25 for it thanks to insurance and a credit on our account. Eli did great while he was getting the cavity filled. The mask they used for the laughing gas looked like a clown nose and it had a scent in it. Eli picked orange scent. I got a picture of Eli and his clown nose mask on my phone, but I have no clue how to get those pictures on the computer. The gas did make him smiley, which was funny.
Now the dentist says she's watching two or three other spots for cavities. We'll keep doing what we've always been doing and hope for the best, I guess!

No comments: