Eli turned SIX years old on April 10th. We did our usual party at Garrison park with snacks and cake. Eli first wanted a monster truck theme, then he changed it to a Lego theme, which is convenient because I couldn't find any monster truck decor. He requested a lemon cake with vanilla icing and no decorations on top except for some sprinkles and candles. Again, convenient...I can do sprinkles and candles. In reality, Eli didn't want any Lego decorations on his cake b/c I was going to put some of his Legos on top and he didn't want his Legos to get dirty. I love a low maintenance, low stress, low cost birthday party. It's all about the celebration with friends, right?
Eli's birthday celebration was really several days long. I took him to the Lego store to pick out what he wanted, and we also went to the Build-a-Bear store where he picked out and stuffed a longhorn. He named it Bevo (sigh), that's what we get for living in Austin. They had plenty of (Baylor) bears, but Eli didn't go for that. Then on Eli's birthday, I took cupcakes up to his school for the class to celebrate. After school on his birthday, we invited some friends to Locomotion jumpy house for a birthday playdate. Eli chose to go eat at P.Terry's for his birthday dinner. I think he felt the birthday love!
I can't believe my boy is six. He has lost his first tooth, he can tie his shoes, help with chores, help out his brothers, he can read and write, among many other things. He's in big boy territory now. As every parent out there says, "He's growing up way too fast!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment