Friday, March 30, 2012

Eli lost his first tooth!

As of Monday, March 26, Eli is now missing a tooth! He had been working on it for weeks, wiggling and wiggling. I was worried he was going to loose it at school and I'd miss the momentous occasion. Luckily, the tooth was still there when he got home from school, barely hanging on. John ended up pulling it out and that was that.

I was little sad about it because it meant that my boy is growing up. It was amazing, as soon as his tooth came out, he started acting all grown up and being very compliant...teaching Jed how to read, happily taking out the trash, playing nicely with no intervention, and no whining! I guess Eli felt more grown up now that he had lost a tooth. Even though I was sad, his reaction after it was out was a nice surprise...if only that behavior lasted!

The tooth fairy came that night and Eli got $5 for the tooth. He got $5 because it was his first tooth (and because the tooth fairy may have heard that Eli was saving up his money for a $29 Lego set he saw on the Scholastic Books form from school and only needed 4 more dollars in order to buy it, and he had to turn in his money to school a couple days after he lost his tooth). That is one gracious tooth fairy!

This is the before picture

...and the after picture, with tiny tooth in hand.





No comments: