Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break/Seattle

Bubba and Max
A couple weeks ago was spring break. John and I decided to go to Seattle to surprise our friend, Bubba, for his 40th birthday. So, I took the boys up to Dallas on Tuesday so that Max and I could spend some time with family. Then, on Thursday evening, Max and I met John at the airport (he flew up from Austin), and the three of us headed to Seattle. Eli and Jed stayed with my mom (Mammy) and got to spend time with family while we were gone. It was cousin Grayson's 12th birthday, so they got to go to his two birthday parties! They did other fun things like go the aquarium and see The Lorax at the movies. They had a blast and got lots of family time!

We had so much fun in Seattle, too! Bubba was very surprised when we walked into his house Thursday night. He had no idea we were coming. What made it even better was that he does that kind of stuff to people all the time, so we got to do it to him. It was nice to spend time with Bubba and Anna. We stayed at a little Bungalow a few houses down from them. Their neighbors rent out their basement for visitors, so it was perfect. We even got the neighbor discount! I was expecting it to be rainy and cold the whole time since that's what the forecast said. However, each afternoon, we got some nice sunny weather. It wasn't too cold either. One morning, it snowed huge giant flakes, but it wasn't too cold even then. Bubba said it rarely snows there, too. When it was snowing we were at the top of a hotel where Bub's parents were staying in downtown Seattle. It was really pretty watching the snow in the city from their room.
look closely at the big snowflakes

Bubba's party was fun. They rented out the community center in their neighborhood and everyone played dodge ball. I didn't play because I was wearing Max in the Ergo carrier. I'm glad I had an excuse because I'm not a huge fan of dodge ball, but it was fun to watch! The guests were all supposed to wear their best workout attire, Bub style. John wore his old Baylor basketball uniform, and everyone got a kick out of that. After the game, we all went to Bubbanna's to hang out. What a fun memory!

Max did great on his first vacation. He was happy being carted around the city, and just hanging out with friends. He was a happy baby on the plane as well. He mostly slept or ate or smiled at the people near us. Having only one kid with me feels like nothing now! When I'd tell people we were going to Seattle, I'd say "John and I are going...oh yeah, and Max, too". Max is just so laid back and easy...or maybe it's because he's our third and we're pros...or both!

One regret on our trip...we didn't take enough pictures!

No comments: