
Not too much went on today. Eli has gotten this whole nursing thing down to a science. Last night he gave Darby a 3 and a 4 hour break! That's lotsa sleep for her! Bub was here, and he seems to make things go smoother, so maybe that's what happened. I got good friends.
Darby is getting some cabin fever, so we're looking forward to visiting Chris, Jenny, and Ellaiden on Tuesday. Ellaiden was born the day after Eli, so we're doing our best to make him look dashing for their first meeting. I'm thinking he'll go with a sleek orange, green and white frog-print onsie....It really brings out his color and shows his personality.
Finally, this whole church thing ain't so bad after all. Last night a girl whom we'd never met before from church named Leslie brought us a GREAT vegetable ragu with polenta. She also included fruit and cheese. It was not only temptilatin' but it was appetitin' too. Then tonight our friends Kim and Sam from church brought us our favorite take-out. I avoided church for a long time, but if I'd have known there was food like this involved, I might have gone back sooner. This food tastes like the empty tomb (that's for my family...Don't worry if you don't get it).
john
PS In the picture: His belly button is black because it takes a few weeks for the extra part of the umbilical cord to dry out and fall off leaving the "button" behind. I didn't know this before we had him. The thing covering his privates is called a peepee-tepee...Self explanatory.



1 comment:
Ellaiden's umbilical dangly fell off tonight, so now there's just a brownish black stubby thing left over, which of course we're swabbing with the alcohol. It will make changing diapers a lot of easier. We'll make sure to dress up E real nice on Tuesday.
Post a Comment