

Eli got an update in his room tonight. A ceiling fan!!! He's been griping about it for a while now, so I finally got around to installing it. Today was another lesson in patience. We BEGAN I repeat BEGAN getting ready to leave to go to see Ellaiden, Chris, and Jenny at 11:30 am. We left at 2:15. HOLY CRAP! Where does all that time go? You feed him, but then he needs a diaper change, and then he's fussy...Or his spits up all over his clothes so you have to change him again, but woops...There's another need for a diaper change JUST as you put the fresh one on...So you change him again and by that time he's REALLY pissed so you have to calm him down. And he finally goes to sleep (or at least settles) and so you put him down, but the act of putting him down wakes him up again, but by this time he's hungry!!! My brother Steve (who is a twin himself) is having twins. Good luck, bro. Plan on getting ready to go somewhere 5 hours ahead of time!
At any rate, once we got in the car he fell asleep and stayed that way for 3 hours. We had a GREAT visit, though I missed the annual Eayore's party that Chris and I were planning on attending. Luckily annual means it happens every year.
The good thing is that though he's demanding, there's this switch that gets turned on (or at least it's in me) where I'm frustrated but I don't really mind it. Maybe that will change in the future as the "honeymoon" wears off, but I doubt it. As soon as that diaper gets changed and he's swaddled and calm or he smiles at you (probably due to gas or the passage of poo), it's like the feeling you get when you take your shoes off at the end of the day. Man...It's addictive.
The picture is of Eli checking out his own blog. He likes to do that. The narcissist...



2 comments:
Mmmm-hmmm. You're getting the picture.
Are you saying that it's going to be a lot of work having two of them?
Hmmm... maybe I should re-think this whole parenting thing... oh wait... it's too late. Crap!
Post a Comment