Sunday, June 14, 2009

Beach Vacation

Last week, we got to take a family vacation to South Padre Island, TX. We went with Mammy and Steve and Brynn and her family. We had so much fun that I think we're going to make it a regular trip every couple years. It was both relaxing and full of adventures.
We got to play on the beach or at the pool each day, we got to go see some dolphins, ride go-karts, see lots of hermit crabs, see a pirate ship, watch a backhoe clear some sand, watch bungee jumpers, boogie board, and many more.
Eli loved playing in the sand. He told us he was building a construction site and working hard. He liked going in the water as long as one of us was holding him, and he loved the waves. Jed loved the water and sand. He liked digging with his fingers. He also kept trying to eat the sand and trying to put his face in the water. Jed has always loved the water, so this doesn't surprise me.
Jed and Eli didn't get sunburned at all, but I think they were the only ones. Good job putting on their sunscreen, Dad! The boys also did great with all the traveling and being off of their daily routines. I was impressed and very thankful! I think having their older cousins there to entertain as well as plenty of open arms to pass them to was helpful. All in all it was a successful trip. I can't wait until we go back next time!

No comments: