Friday, June 26, 2009

Tadpole Camp


For the last two weeks, Eli has been going to summer camp! He doesn't seem old enough to do that does he? His camp, Tadpole Camp, was for 3-4 year olds. It's every day from 8-12 at the Austin Nature & Science Center (one of our favorite places to go in Austin). I knew he would enjoy it because Heidi was his teacher! Heidi is our friend who has been taking Eli on outings twice a week in the mornings since Jed was born to give me a little break. Heidi is the one who told me about the camp. I originally signed him up for one week, but since I had insider info, I found out that there was an open spot for the next week and signed Eli up for another week! Apparently no one on their waiting list called back. Lucky me!


The first week was called The Green Thumb Gang where they learned about plants, gardening, and nature in general. The second week was called Dinosaur Detectives where they learned all about dinosaurs. At the ANSC there are some rescue animals, a pond, and a huge sand pit with dinosaur bones for the kids to find. So at camp, Eli got to not only learn about plants and dinosaurs, he also got to meet the animals, splash/swim in the water, hike, dig for dino bones, and do several arts and crafts projects. He absolutely loved it!

I've enjoyed the past two weeks, too! It's been nice to have just me and Jed time. I've felt so free! I have missed Eli, though...seriously! It'll be nice to get back to our "normal" life again. He has swim lessons again in a couple weeks, so we have that to look forward to!

Here's Eli playing in the play area outside and one of his little classroom inside. They have a cool setup with lots of construction trucks, places to paint, water play, and many more things!














Also, there's a preschool at the ANSC during the school year, and Eli's on the waiting list. We'll be lucky if he gets in for the fall...fingers crossed!

1 comment:

perkoline said...

What a great place! Looks like he's having a great time. I'll cross my fingers for the preschool, too.