Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Trucks on our street!

Eli got the opportunity to watch construction trucks right in front of our house! They are resurfacing the streets in our neighborhood. Work started first thing in the morning, and Eli didn't want to miss one minute of it. It was funny because he was not wanting to get dressed, but when I said there was a dump truck outside, he was dressed and out the door in literally 5 seconds! He got to see a dump truck, a paver, an oil truck, and a roller...oh and the construction workers. He kept saying, "Mom*, I'm exciting!". I got a picture of his exciting face, too. Eli is now asking me when "his" trucks are coming back. Their work is not done, so I hope we can see them when they come back.

*For about a month now, Eli has been calling John and I Mom and Dad. No more Mama and Dada. I still get an occasional Mama or Mommy, but it's mostly Mom now. I was hoping to drag the Mama or Mommy out longer, but no luck! He sounds so old calling us Mom and Dad!




No comments: