Friday, August 12, 2011

Eli at the Dentist

I think I've posted about Eli's "weak" teeth here before when he had his first cavity filled about 6 months ago. This week at his regular cleaning appointment, the dentist found more cavities! He had to have silver caps put on two of his molars because the cavities were taking over most of the tooth. I don't get it. We do everything we're supposed to...floss every night, brush two times a day, limit sugary foods and drinks, etc. The dentist said she doesn't doubt we do all those things, especially when I told her I've never had a cavity before. It's just the way his teeth are. The dentist did give us some hope when she said that his adult teeth could be less cavity prone and just because his baby teeth are troublesome, doesn't mean his adult teeth would be that way. Let's hope! Thankfully, Eli is a good patient and does great at the dentist. He's very cooperative, quiet, and still! He was even a good sport about his mouth being numb and having to hold gauze in his mouth for 30 min. It was pretty funny to see him try to talk when he had a numb mouth! Here are some pictures of him when they were putting on the caps.


No comments: