Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Swimming!

We've been spending a lot of time at the pool this summer since it's one of the only ways to keep cool in this crazy heat! A few weeks ago, Eli all of a sudden decided he was going to swim like a big kid. It's like something clicked and he started saying, "watch me, Mom" and he was suddenly swimming underwater and not afraid to try new things in the water. So, we decided it was a good time to put him in some lessons so he could learn the proper ways to swim with arm/leg movements, etc. and get even more comfortable in the water. It's a bit of a relief when we're at the pool now since I don't have to watch both boys like a hawk and keep both near me at all times. I still keep an eye on Eli, of course, but now I'm more confident in his swimming and safety skills in the water. Jed does pretty well in the water, too, I think he's more confident than Eli was at Jed's age. This makes me a little nervous since Jed will try things he hasn't quite mastered yet, like follow Eli into the deep end or bounce up and down, go under, and then come up coughing. I'm sure he'll get it soon enough!







No comments: