Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

Yesterday, Eli had a day off of school for Columbus Day/parent conference day, so we went for our annual trip to the pumpkin patch in Elgin, TX. This is the third year in a row that we've gone with our friends, Jen, Mia, and Eleanor. Unknowingly, we got there 30 min. before they closed, but they let us stay late, so it was okay. We still got to go on the hay ride, do the mazes, feed the animals, pick out pumpkins, do the duck races, and take pumpkin pictures. The weather was perfect this time, overcast and cool. The friendly old farmer man weighing our pumpkin said it looked like I was smuggling my own pumpkin, and I think he's right!  Our pumpkin weighed in at 9 lbs. 10 oz., which could very well be the size of the baby!  He also said, "You didn't go on the hay ride, did you?", and when I told him I did, he said, "I hope you're not trying to bounce that baby out because we're not equipped for birthing no babies here!". It was funny. It was a fun time as always!

Pumpkin Smuggler


No comments: