Friday, April 14, 2006

Eli goes to the Doctor



So, Eli went to the doctor today. She (Dr. Jolet) said we needed to supplement his breast milk diet with some formula until the REAL milk comes in. He weighed in at 8 lbs 12 oz which means he lost 12% of his original weight compared to the average of 10%. Mammy said he must be on the Southbeach Diet. I think he's trimming for Easter pictures. Other than that, things look great! He needs to do some business in his diaper (been a while), but that should get better when the Whole milk comes in. Overall, Dr. Jolet gave him a check plus!

Mammy left today, so our house is a little too quiet. Luckily she gave him a bath and dressed him in a blue bunny suit for the pediatrician. I told Eli I wouldn't let that happen once he knows better, but for now...It's pretty dang cute. Note: I have become the cliche'. I even check out minivans when we pass them. I'm thinking I'll probably buy an old beat up truck to give me a little testosterone boost.

All is right in the world for Eli has pooed. The gates of Troy have been breached and the muconeum cometh! Crazy what gets us excited. Boone even danced in crazy circles while we changed his diaper.

John

2 comments:

perkoline said...

Great shot of Vivi & Eli. Both such cuties! Just call me a proud Gramma.

Amanda said...

Congrats! Eli is so cute, we are overjoyed for your family