Thursday, April 13, 2006

First Blog


Eli is home from the hospital. This is day 2 at home...He's 3 days old. Eli spent most of the day posing for pictures between feedings. Brynn (Darby's sister) has taken some of the BEST photos which I'll post as soon as I get them. Brynn and Mammy (Darby's mother) have been INCREDIBLY helpful, so it was hard on all of us when Brynn left today, but it was especially hard for Boone. He sulked all afternoon.
Eli had a visit from Jaime, Michael and Payten (Darby's cousin, her husband, their 18 month old girl) for dinner. He mostly cried and then slept after I sang 'Folsom Prison Blues' to him a little. He was still sleeping when Courtney, Cliff, Emma Grace, Vivian, and Dan (my sister, her husband, their 7 and 5 year old girls, and my brother) showed up for a visit. I LOVE watching people I care about hold Eli. We got a great picture of Vivian holding Eli...
He's sleeping now after another round of 'Folsom Prison Blues' and a little Don Williams' 'I believe in You'. He seems to respond well to older country...Next I'll probably try something a little more recent like The Decemberists or Eliott Smith....Looking forward to another day. Mad props to Mammy and Brynn!

John

1 comment:

Steve Perkins said...

Woohoo! I get to post the first comment!

He is such a cute baby! Looks like you, John!

Laura & I can't wait to meet him!