Friday, April 21, 2006

Life as a New Mommy

I have to live in the moment and take one day (or even hour) at a time in order to stay sane. I don't bother with the outside world for now.

I try to enjoy every moment (even all the poopy diapers and spit up on my shirt) with my son b/c this stage won't last very long. I mean, he's already 11 days old, and this week flew by!

I have a good excuse to sleep in, take naps, and not to take a shower or worry about what I look like...no need to impress anyone.

My agenda each day consists of the usual taking care of baby things, but there are other things that have become challenging like brushing my teeth, eating, going to the bathroom, and the big one is taking a shower.

My toes have become very useful for picking up things.
I'm getting good at doing many things one-handed like typing on the computer.

Thank God for motherly (and fatherly) instincts.

Each day seems so long yet they fly by and I wonder what I did all day.

2 comments:

rlw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rlw said...

i remember the first couple months lacking much in the way of personal hygeine...i hardly ever remember getting a shower:)
the life of a mommy is such a weird life to be thrown into. all that was before these babies seems so long ago and nearly irrelevant as each moment is consumed with peepee teepees and poop and feeding and spit up and crying and more crying and trying to figure out what the crying means and soaking in the surreal moments of squishing new flesh. wild stuff.