Sunday, April 23, 2006

So it didn't really hit the fan..But it came close.




Last night Eli had quite a few episodes with the body excretions. I think we changed his clothes about 7 times. Here's the best one:

So...I spent all day outside working in the yard. By night time, I was pretty cashed out but enjoyed a beer to celebrate a good day of hard work. At about 10:30, Darby fed Eli and went to change him in the other room. I was watching t.v. and fell asleep. As Darby was changing Eli, she grabbed both his legs and lifted them to slide the diaper underneath him. I guess it was just the thing he needed to shake a little loose. He was in perfect position and unleashed his fury on the wall, blinds, and futon. The room looked like a poo-Dresden. Darby yelled for help, but I was fast asleep, proud of my day. Somehow she cleaned him and everything else up and brought him out to check on me. I didn't wake up until she asked if I heard her yell for help. I honestly had NO idea there was anything wrong, but the kicker to this story...Is that I was watching The Blue Collar Comedy Tour (http://bluecollarcomedytour.warnerbros.com/). I mean you can't get much more stereotypical male than drinking a beer, sleeping, ignoring your wife's desperate cry for a poo-partner and watching Larry The Cable Guy wax elegant on the joys of NASCAR and Fishing Lures! GIT 'ER DONE!!! THAT'S RIGHT ....For those of you who don't know me too well I do my fair share, but I dropped the ball on that one. Darby and I thought it was pretty funny, though.

John

PS Though he has on bunny slippers and a bunny suit in the photo, Eli likes to wear his hat low like the true "playah" he is.

2 comments:

perkoline said...

Ah . . . that's my boy. Takes after his dad.
Had a similar episode with Courtney at about the same age. Same diapering motion, but I got squirted directly. Not in the face, thank goodness, but right in the chest and all down the front of the lovely red robe that was part of my bridal trousseau. Guess the honeymoon was REALLY over by then . . .

Steve Perkins said...

Classic! I'm sure we'll get to experience the same thing in a few months. We have double the chance, too! Ugh!