Monday, May 08, 2006

I Wanna Rock



Been a while since I've done this. Just wanted to talk a little about our outing on Saturday afternoon. Pretty fun. Darby went to Target while Eli and I went to Guitar Center. I had him in the sling for a couple of reasons. First, it keeps my hands free so I can REALLY wail on the guitar (not really). Second, it prevents the "less than ideal" clientele and employees that frequent places like guitar shops from breathing their rock sickness on my pristine, never been rocked son. This reason alone is worth the investment of the sling. Anyway....I bought some harmonicas and a neck brace. That's what I call it, but it's the thing Dylan made popular where you wear the harmonica in an easily accessible manner while you play the guitar and sing. I finished my shopping much earlier than we expected, but Darby was to meet us there which meant I needed to kill some time. So...I put on my neck brace and harmonica and Eli and I put on a show for all the people in the shopping area. By the end of our set, people were chanting Eli's name and women were throwing their unmentionables at us. Well...Actually after about 30 laps around guitar center and 3 uncomfortable "is that a dog or a baby in there?" exchanges we went to Target and waited for Darby to notice us, which believe it or not, took a while.

2 comments:

perkoline said...

Oh, I love the feet! And the family portrait is nice, too. Sure wish we could make another flying trip to Austin before leaving for Montana . . . Miss you guys, and love you muchly.

Steve Perkins said...

Is Eli trying to do the "Walk Like an Egyptian" dance in that top picture? The feet picture is awesome. I can't wait to see my little ones in the flesh.