
Eli is officially 13 months old today. He's still very active and curious as ever. He's into everything and is still crawling everywhere...he's quick! He's started bear-crawling on his hands and feet with his bottom up in the air. That takes some skill! He's also a little sponge, taking in language like crazy. Eli says about 15 words now and signs about 13. It seems like lately he's been learning a new word each day. I love it! He's still very into trucks. "Tuh" is the word we hear most often. He now says "trash truck", which sounds something like "ta tuh". His words usually have the beginning sound and the correct vowel sound for sure, so they're somewhat recognizable. I love seeing him recognize things, realize that they have a name, and then sign or say the words. Maybe it's the speech pathologist in me, I don't know, but it's so fun to see! Another word Eli has learned is "no". Whenever I've told him no, he'll go back to what he was doing (usually climbing on top of the fireplace hearth), and before he gets into trouble, he'll say "na na" and look at me...he knows! I've taken so many videos lately, so I can't post them all. I'll have to post some later. It's hard to keep the blog updated with all Eli's doing!
Here are some of his favorite activities: playing in Boone's bed, riding in our friend Stephanie's truck, playing with "his" pots and pans, and looking outside for trucks.






2 comments:
Yea, new pictures! Wow - 15 words is so exciting. So cool to know what he is thinking about.
I'm so impressed with Eli's vocabulary! I think the early talking stage is just about the most fun of all. The motor skills are more theatrical, but the efforts to communicate and identify things are so deep! I wish I could hear him.
Post a Comment