Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baby Shark!


Before the sonogram, Eli informed us that we were going to find out if we were going to have a baby boy, a baby girl, or a baby shark! Good one Eli! Soooo, I'm sure you've heard but the sono revealed that we are not having a baby shark, but a baby boy!

Honestly, this was a shock to me and I think, for John, too. I was sure it was a girl. Eli was excited that he guessed right...he really wanted another brother. Jed still says he's having a little sister, but I think he's getting it. He's just excited to be a big brother. Mammy got to go with us to the sono, which was special. She's been there for all three! She was happy of course!

As we were watching our baby boy on the screen, he seemed to be pretty laid back. He had his hand behind his head as he lounged back with his feet propped up on "the wall". At one point he seemed to look right at the screen and smile. We have a picture of it! And he was not shy about revealing his boy parts! We spotted "the turtle" before the sonographer said anything.

Everything looks good and healthy with his organs, limbs, fingers, and size, so we're thankful for that. There was one little concern that they saw, which were some fluid-filled cysts on his brain. The doctor and my midwife don't seem to be concerned about them and said they are fairly common and should go away by 28 weeks. So, we are scheduled for a follow-up sonogram in August to make sure they haven't grown and have hopefully gone away. Since everything else looks okay, he should be fine. There's just that little concern in the back of my mind now though.

It has taken me awhile to get used to the fact that we'll have three boys. I've felt shocked, in denial, excited, sad, disappointed, guilty for feeling disappointed, nervous, and almost content with this fact just in the past few days since we found out. I'm glad there's five more months for it to sink in! I know I will love this little baby boy in my tummy even more when he is in my arms.

Look out world, here comes another Perkins boy!

The boys keep asking to see "the turtle"...it's circled in the picture. I think it's hard to miss!




In the last picture it looks to me like he's looking at us, smiling!

No comments: